I've written several essays as an undergraduate reading sociology at the University of Nottingham between 2001 and 2004. I was particularly interested in the relationship between technology and society.
Below are links to most of my essays (note: many of them are a bit rubbish!).
- No Jobs & No Oil: the unsustainability of full employment and cheap energy - My undergraduate dissertation in Sociology
My favourite essays
- A basic income scheme due to technological unemployment
- The Internet as an approximation of Habermas' public sphere
- The BBC license fee
- Capitalism and consumption, exploitation and exclusion
- Environmental movements
- Marx: alienation vs. materialism
All my essays
- 2004 - Advantages & Disadvantages Of Home Ownership As The Dominant Form Of Housing Tenure
- 2004 - Would the introduction of a basic income be a utopian reform or an administrative one?
- 2004 - No Jobs & No Oil: the unsustainability of full employment and cheap energy
- 2004 - Traditional Marxist Theorists And Work
- 2004 - Habermas, the Internet and the Public Sphere
- 2003 - New Forms of Management Effectively Solve the Problems of the Organisation
- 2003 - Human Resistance To Technological Advancement
- 2003 - The BBC Licence fee
- 2003 - Environmental movements 'greening' corporations and governments
- 2003 - Male insecurities and uncertainties
- 2003 - Critical Analysis of Sullivan
- 2003 - Is Marx's concept of alienation in conflict with his materialism?
- 2002 - Sciological approach to contemporary British society
- 2002 - Youth apathy
- 2002 - Is Sociology a science?
- 2002 - Capitalism and Consumption, exploitation and exclusion
- 2001 - Television is bad
- 2001 - Is Globalisation a Myth or a Fact?
- 2001 - The underclass